Thursday, October 2, 2008

knee surgery & a big pink trailer

So Jeremy hurt his knee playing basketball Feb07, had the option to have it scoped, and we decided not to have it done. Long story short, he snapped his ACL and has been walking around since without one. So, on Tuesday Jer had an ACL replacement and all went well. Doctor's orders are to lay flat (knee above the heart) strapped to an ice pack (connected to an ice chest) and strapped to a constant movement machine for 7 days. We brought his computer upstairs and yesterday he watched 4 movies. He's tired of laying down, but is a good patient and is doing his physical therapy as instructed as well.

Also on Tuesday we sold Big Pink. We had posted her for sale last weekend and ended up selling her to a family in Colorado (who drove 7 hours to get here to pick 'er up). So, when Jer went down the hallway with the anesthesiologist, I went down a different hallway and zipped home to take care of the sale. I got back to the hospital 20 minutes before Jer got out of surgery. Wow.

I am grateful for sisters, grandmas, and awesome neighbors for helping us out these few days.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for the pictures and the update on Jer. Wish him well for us.

Jim said...

Well I wanted to say the same thing as Mike. His post says 8:39. My watch says it is still 8:33. Random? So is my post actually first? I am glad all is going well. Best wishes from the west coast! All my love!

Young Family said...

Hope Jeremy is recovering well! We are terrible...we could have at least brough pizza over!

Cha said...

Ouch! Tell Jeremy we all wish him a swift recovery.

Jen said...

A speedy recovery to Jer! That's quite the set up he has going there! :) Fun to see all of the pics of your kids too. Your family is SO dang cute!!

jonutz gang said...

Oh I am so sorry. That just looks miserable. All our love to you guys. Too bad we couldn't be there to help or just listen. Tell Jeremy we are thinking of him and all you since you have to take care of the rest. Good luck with everything and hope the recovery is quick.

Craig Ferguson said...

Jen I am so hurt that my SCD pump wasn't in the picture...I probably saved his life yet you give me no love.