Saturday, August 1, 2009

girls camp

I spent all week at Heber Valley Camp with my young women. Wow. It was an amazing week. My girls have a lot of spunk and personality so for blue day we were the blue gal group. We canoed on the lake, went on a nature hike, learned and sang crazy songs, laughed, had spiritual experiences, ate junk (amidst the semi-healthy), stayed up late, got up early, tested our limits, moved outside our comfort zones, and made strong friendships.
Wednesday night was "visitor night" and ALL of us were there. It was a real treat. Jeremy came up with the bishopric, we had a nice dinner, and then performed our skits for the stake. My role in the skit was the one I wanted, the narrarator. I got to read my part and didn't have to wiggle my hips once on stage.
We were the Queendom of the Butterflies of Individual Worth (note my antennae, unfortunately you can't see my wings, both of which we wore to stake role call every day). We had some amazing spiritual discussions with the girls and some experiences that I think will shape their lives.

I sure didn't think I'd ever love these girls the way I do.

Thanks (again!!) to Jeremy for taking care of our kids all week (in addition to working and keeping things running). They stayed up late, caught up on their movie watching, and had a sleepover with their cousins on the tramp. It was a great week for them, too.

I feel so blessed.

No comments: