Wednesday, October 28, 2009

free time

I've finished my grape juice for the year! It's all boxed up, labeled, and organized in the food storage room!

The 10 buckets of green grapes (pictured here) make the pinkish colored grape juice and purple grapes make the pretty purple grape juice. Thanks to Jeremy and Griffin for picking all of the grapes. Thanks to mom for giving me one juicer (I bought a second one several years ago). Thanks to the retired ladies in the ward for the bottles they've donated to me over the years (including the anonymous one who snuck in and placed several boxes of empty jars by the garage door). Thanks to mom and Donna (who lives down the street) for most of the grapes this year. We bottled nearly 80 quarts. Wow.

My tasty recipe:
1 quart grape juice
1 cup sugar
1 packet lemonade
fill the remaining 2 gallon pitcher with water

Midge, my amazing next door neighbor, mixes in Sprite or 7Up. Yum!