Friday, December 18, 2009

Lincoln

We are delighted to announce the arrival of Lincoln Joseph on Tuesday, December 15. He arrived at the new Riverton Hospital at 5:03 p.m. weighing 6 lb 6 oz and 19 inches long.

The labor was longer than we had hoped, but when it was time, Lincoln came very fast. We were happy to have followed our birth plan and delivered him without an epideral. Jeremy is an amazing coach; I'm especially grateful for him, and also for our awesome nurse, Vicki, and the fabulous Dr. Jane Bowman.

We are so tickled that Lincoln gets to share his birthday with his cousin, Zoey Kaye, who arrived earlier in the morning! She was 7 lb 12 oz and 20 inches. It was fun to share my pregnancy with my youngest sister, Sarah, and such a treat to have our babies the same day.

The new hospital is very nice and the nurses arranged for the cousins to have rooms next to each other.






8 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

Congratulations. He's beautiful.

Jen said...

AWESOME that you delivered your babies - not only on the same day - but in the same hospital! Wow. Those two must have been best buds up in heaven - they obviously couldn't stand being apart for even one day! Congrats - he is a cute little baby (and so is his cousin!) :) Soooo happy for all of you!

Young Family said...

Congrats! That is so cool that they were both born on the same day. Zoey wanted out of there and Lincoln could not be outdone. You look great and I'm sure the kids are so excited. We will be by to visit after the holidays. Hope all is well.

Brett and AnnJillene said...

Congrats, I am so happy for you. That is cool that you and Sara delivered the same day same hospital. They will be great buds. Love ya!!

Unknown said...

Jen, Congrats! What a beautiful baby. I am so happy for you. Merry Christmas. Hope all is well with you and your family. ~John Vaterlaus

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! He's adorable!

Brigitte said...

Jen- I'm so slow, I didn't know you were expecting. I'm so happy for you. You are wonderful and your family looks great. I'm glad I happened to be going through blogs this morning. Congrats again! Brigitte

sembilan said...

happy new year 2010