Wednesday, April 14, 2010

super fun play group

Saturday was my niece's baptism. She looked beautiful and had lots of support and love from extended family.

Afterward we went to my mom's house for a nice dinner and playing with cousins.

A bit later after the babysitter arrived (fyi: Zachary wasn't being babysat), the adults (plus two darling 4 month olds) went to Syracuse Spare Time Fun Center. A big thanks goes to mom for generously funding the evening.

Whilst listening to teenager-upbeat-hip-shaking-music we played a game of bowling (Michael won, everyone at least broke 50) and had a grand time. It was cool to see how fast (shown in mph) we bowled. Then we played a round of miniature golf, complete with black light and 3D glasses. It sort of made me feel sick, but we all agreed that it would be a fun date (for 16 year olds). We ended the evening with a few games of laser tag, the highlight of the night (in my opinion). We had the place to ourselves and divided into 2 groups (thanks again to mom who hung out with the babies). It was a complete riot!

The kids had fun without us (of course the older girls made a list of the injustices they faced by staying home rather than going out, and, perhaps more importantly, Anna has determined what kind of parent she is going to be!). We rounded out the evening with the kids and lots of options for our ice cream sundaes. What a fun night for all of us!

1 comment:

Merinda Reeder said...

What a laugh riot! I wish I was around to go on a date funded by my mom. I guess that's what we miss by moving out.