Sunday, July 11, 2010

fireworks and family

July 2: Zachary bought $25 worth of fireworks. Everyone was excited about them and discussed them. It turned out to be quite a good investment as the selection was varied.

July 3: We had a tasty barbeque at my mom's house with my siblings. Then we headed over to
West Point Park to sell glow sticks (and other glowing, blinking toys). For several years we've been having fund raising type events and then spending the money on our family trips. It's not so much about the money, but the good times that we have together. We watched the fireworks show and finished off the night counting money and eating ice cream. Good times. :)

July 4: We had dinner with the Wrights and then came back to our place for Zachary's fireworks show. Suzy and Brannon came and enjoyed with us. The weather was cool enough that we needed jackets. It was pleasant, relaxing, and enjoyable.

As a point of interest (and family history), I was blessed 34 years ago on Sunday, July 4, 1976 in California. President Jimmy Carter encouraged all Americans to participate in a Bicentennial Project, something that would make a difference. I've heard my parents say many times that I was their Bicentennial Project, and that's neat to me.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I have noticed that most of your children smile like their father:) Just a bushel of cuties!