Friday, February 5, 2010

older=wiser

When Zachary was a newborn and toddler I was conscious of noise while he napped. I didn't have a phone in his bedroom, turned the volume on the tv down low, and had quiet time during nap time for several years.

As we added to our family and quiet time was not a reality I noticed that the baby simply adapted.

I'm happy to say that two nights ago Lincoln slept through an hour and a half of the Jazz player appearance in a junior high gym full of elementary and junior high age children chanting and screaming. This afternoon he slept while I vacuumed the rug right next to his cradle. And in an hour when his siblings thunder in from school, he'll sleep through that, too. :)

As a point of interest, my dad built this cradle special for Lincoln. The cradle that I've used for all of my babies was also made by my dad when baby brother James (who is turning 26 within the week) was due. Baby Zoey (baby sister Sarah's baby who was born the same day as Lincoln) is sleeping in that cradle same as her momma did when she was a newborn.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I think having a baby that will sleep through some noise is the only way to go. That is what I plan on when I get to that step!