Tuesday, May 4, 2010

are all of you related?



We enjoyed Saturday evening at the Real soccer game season opener! We had good seats and enjoyed the game (it was fun that they won, too!). After the game we hung around for a few minutes and ate a churro while we looked at the stadium. I thought it was a cool picture so just as I was ready to take the photo, Leo the Lion, the Real mascot, jumped into the picture, gave all the kids high 5's, and then headed off to the other side. It was a pretty cool ending to a fun night!

When we first sat down in our seats the man sitting behind us asked "are all of you related?" I looked at him and responded, "yes, we are all related." "Wow, how many kids do you have?" With a smile, I responded "We have five."

As I've thought about his question off and on over the last couple of days I've thought about how important each of my children, individually, are to me. I've thought about the impact they have on people around them. We planned for each of them and wanted each of them. I am grateful for them, for the ups and downs that we have together and individually. Once again, I feel overwhelmed at how blessed I am.

No comments: